Chelsea right wing-back Victor Moses is currently the most valuable Nigerian player, according to German website transfermarkt.com.
The former Crystal Palace and Wigan Athletic man will fetch 18 million euros in transfer fees, and is more expensive than Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa who is rated at €17 million.
Of the ten most expensive Nigerian players, the top five – Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi and Alex Iwobi – represent English clubs.
Odion Ighalo, John Obi Mikel and Brown Ideye were previously on the books of Watford, Chelsea and West Brom respectively, while Henry Onyekuru has been loaned out by Everton to R.S.C. Anderlecht for the whole of this season.
Eight of the top ten most valuable Nigerian footballers play in offensive positions for the Super Eagles, and no defender made the list.
Top Ten Most Valuable Nigerian Footballers
1) Victor Moses (Chelsea) – €18 million
2) Ahmed Musa (Leicester City) – €17 million
3) Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City) – €15 million
4) Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) – €14 million
5) Alex Iwobi (Arsenal) – €10 million
6) Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai ) – €7 million
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht ) – €7 million
8) Obi Mikel (Tianjin Teda) – €6 million
9) Brown Ideye (Tianjin Teda) – €5 million
10) Moses Simon (Gent) – €4.5 million